Housing charges are due, in full, on the 1st business day, by 12:00 noon, of each month.
Subsidized housing is currently available to applicants that qualify.
CURRENT APPLICATION PROCESS
- Interested applicants can contact the Management Office by phone or email to request a Membership Application. Note: minimum occupancy standards of 3 persons in a 3-bedroom unit and minimum occupancy standards of 4 persons in a 4-bedroom unit apply.
- Fill out the “Application for Membership and Accommodation” completely. Ensure that the application is accompanied by copies of “proof of income”. A detailed list of Acceptable Forms of Income is on page 5 of the application.
- Enclose a $20.00 application fee for each applicant eighteen years and over to cover administrative costs for processing the application. Payments can be made by cheque, money order, debit machine or Interac E-transfer.
- The completed application and all required documentation can be mailed or dropped off at the Cop’s management office.
- The Property Manager will complete landlord and credit checks on all applicants.
Applications for membership are presented to the Board of Directors at their next monthly board meeting for approval.
- Applicants will be notified, in writing, of the board’s decision.
- If the applicants are approved for membership and occupancy, the applicants will be placed on the Co-op’s “outside” waiting list and will be contacted by Management when a unit becomes available.
- The interested applicant can make arrangements to view the vacant unit. The applicant must confirm with Management their acceptance of the unit within 4 days of viewing the unit.
- Upon acceptance of the unit, a deposit of one month’s housing charge payment is required (by cheque, money order, debit machine or Interac E-transfer). The deposit is applied towards the “last month’s housing charge).
- On the date the applicants move into their assigned unit (keys received) the first month’s housing charge, a maintenance guarantee (of 1/2 of the monthly housing charge) and a $15.00 one-time membership fee is required.
Incomplete applications will not be processed.